Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: The mini book of grandwiches review

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The mini book of grandwiches review


 As you know, I’m battling a picky eater on my hands.  I have been trying new recipes’ which when they work I post them for you to try and am now turning to books.  Lucky for me this book was offered in exchange for a review.  Here is my most recent attempt at getting a picky eater to eat and a review of the The mini book of grandwiches Book.


I started by just looking through the book, it was short, with easy to follow instructions and the items were healthy!!!! I then realized that I didn’t have some of the smaller ingredients, but wasn’t deterred as simple substitution or elimination could easily be applied to the recipes (love that)!  I really enjoyed the fun aspect of the creations and have often employed bringing fun into my recipes for the kids.
 
To best give you an idea of how this book worked for you I took a picture of the recipe I recreated with a few small substitutions.  I personally think it looked close (if you discount my horribly carved giraffe).  Once, I make the creation for the 4 kids that would be eating this, including my picky eater.  I set them down for the true test.

We have a winner!  All of them loved it!  Even my picky eater took the head off of her giraffe and a bite of bread!!!!  If you have a picky eater and are looking for some crazy ways of making eating healthy fun this is a great book. It’s small (fits in the diaper bag), simple, and healthy.  Best part is it brings fun into the meal so they forget about their eating issues!  Next recipe I may do a special shop for and try all the ingredients in the recipe!  I give this book 4 out of 5 fingers licked, losing one because it could have had more recipes in it!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Mom Blog Society. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job